Featured Post

Bad Boards and Pushy Millennials: Fundraisers Share What Works Plus Their War Stories - The Chronicle of Philanthropy

Bad Boards and Pushy Millennials: Fundraisers Share What Works Plus Their War Stories - The Chronicle of Philanthropy : "At this week’s...

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Bonks. Sorries. Thanks. And throwing up in my mouth. | Agents of Good

Bonks. Sorries. Thanks. And throwing up in my mouth. | Agents of Good: "When you say “thank you”, and mean it, it’s a beautiful expression. Your donor tingles and sparkles in all the good ways. And it also makes you tingle and sparkle. It feels good for them. And for you.

I get it. I’m all about the feelings. And I know not everyone is.

But here’s the thing, for me, in a session at #AFPFC, a presenter talked about how sometimes donors don’t want a relationship. I nodded.

He continued, saying sometimes donors may give and all they need is a positive customer service experience. I half nodded. Because I think that even if all they need is a positive customer experience, they still deserve an experience that exceeds their expectations. But I’m still half nodding. Okay, I can go with it.

And then he suggested that we may be spending too much time on “relationship fundraising for donors” who only need “transactional marketing for consumers”. That’s when I threw up a little in my mouth."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment